[squeak-dev] [Ann] Cuis: A new Squeak distribution

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Mar 29 11:44:34 UTC 2009

Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
>
>> If I remeber correctly, these kind of problems also happened with other
>> Squeak distributions and was due to a kind of bug in BitBlt, right?
>>
>> Is it this problem http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7068 ?
>>

> No, this is not the same bug: on your image, most of the text can't be
> seen but the window itself is not translucent. Moreover, I'm using the
> same VM to run pharo and it works quite well.

Reading Bert's message, I realize that setting Display alpha channel
might be considered a bug. I'll try to fix it this week.

BTW, this is supposed to be a developer's community. I mean, people with
some level of technical ability. I believe you that after reading #7068
on Mantis, you should realize that it would be most helpful if you
checked the alpha values in Display, and set them to opaque (1.0, 255),
and see if the problem persists. Then, you could tell if it is the same
bug or not, and the bug report would be much useful. And obviously, the
problem not happening in Pharo doesn't mean anything about being the
same or a different problem.

Moreover, if the problem is in 3.10 and other Squeak releases, and it
was fixed in Pharo, you could ask there and tell about the fix, right? I
don't see the Pharo fix at 7068 nor at 7001.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich