[squeak-dev] UTF-8

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Mar 29 15:11:40 UTC 2009

On 29.03.2009, at 16:32, Enrico Schwass wrote:

> Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> writes:
>
> Hello Janko
>
> I guess, Phillip talks about in-image japanese/arabic/whatever. This
> needs probably changes to the vm. Here on Mac OS X it doesnt work.

The VMs can provide full unicode input now, but not all images have
been adapted to make use of it. And that is completely separate from
unicode font rendering support in the image.

> I just get empty block-glyphs.

Your image needs to use the UTF-32 unicode character that recent VMs
produce along with the old byte-sized character.

Check that "ActiveHand keyboardInterpreter" is in fact a
UTF32InputInterpreter.

> Its not possible to copy non latin characters into the workspace.

Your image needs to make use of the ClipboardExtendedPlugin which does
ship in current Mac VMs.

- Bert -