[squeak-dev] Problems installing FreeType Support

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 21:32:07 UTC 2009

Alt-period is the magic CTRL-BREAK keystroke you are looking for.

I have ALWAYS had trouble installing FreeType beyond version 0.433, plus I
run all my images from the same VM that already had the plugins in that
directory, so I just manually load FFI, then an old copy of FreeType (using
Montico like you pointed out).  On the older versions, I install the
FreeTypeSubPixelAntiAliasing as well, but if you got 0.5 to install you
probably don't need that.

I think it's the plugin installation that is generally troublesome.  It used
to work right from the Universe Browser after running Level Playing Field,
but basically you did everything "right!"  I would just create a directory
for your VM and plugins and set up a file association to squeak images, and
then install just FFI and FreeType in the future and you should be good!

Take care,

Rob