[squeak-dev] RE: running squeak from flash stick

David Mitchell david.mitchell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:43:16 UTC 2009

> I only know squeak.org  which requires that I use install which of
> course fails if I try to install on my flash stick.
> Can you  point me to a version of Squeak that does not require
> an install and runs the version of Squeak  3.10 (linux) from squeak.org?

http://www.seaside.st/download/squeak#167943699

This includes a Linux VM (and a Mac VM and a Windows VM, but you won't
notice them). It also includes the .sh file needed to launch the Linux
VM.

Then grab a 3.10 image and changes file.

(The image and changes is always platform independent. We don't have
platform-specific images.)

Put the 3.10 image and changes file in the /Contents/Resources directory.

Modify the squeak.sh file to point to your image name.