[squeak-dev] Help with ImageSegments

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat May 2 08:22:36 UTC 2009

Hello Brent,

BP> Thanks,
BP> Interestingly there is not mention in this example of
BP> ImageSegment or SmartRefStream.
BP> Are these classes abandoned ?

somewhere in the past I had a problem with using SmartRefStream  and
it worked with ReferenceStream, so I abandoned SmartRefStream.

And Bert is right, ReferenceStream doesn't use ImageSegment.

If in my examples you just replace ReferenceStream with SmartRefStream
the writing still works but the reading doesn't.

Searching the archives I got it working by:

readTrainingsSamples
        "read the class var TrainingsSamples from a file using ReferenceStreams "
        | rr |
        rr := StandardFileStream  fileNamed: 'trainingssamples.obj'.
        TrainingsSamplesFehlerkategorien  trainingsSamples:  rr fileInObjectAndCode.
        rr close.
        rr := nil

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net