[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] BobsBrowser again

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Mon May 4 13:31:56 UTC 2009

Stéphane,
  BobsBrowser is an alternative browser, so isn't going to replace
ever the traditional browser tools, but there are a couple of cool
things about it:

-You can use it to quickly survey class hierarchies
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/1999-April/001103.html
-IIRC the Whisker browser used his hierarchical list, but in Whiskler
they are attached to a window while in BobsBrowser the lists are
detached (although you do not have the multiple views in one window
feature)
-As an alternative way to navigate the entire system, and I
particularly value the Driller (click in the "special items" (*) to
open it).
-If you are not super fan of classifications, you may find it more comfortable.

Cheers,

Hernán