[squeak-dev] [ANN] OCompletion improves the accuracy of eCompletion

Romain Robbes romain.robbes at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:22:38 UTC 2009

Hi Göran,

ECompletion uses RoelTyper to determine types. However it is not often
successful.
We actually found that the heuristic we use in OCompletion is more
accurate than finding the type
at positioning matches early in the list. Of course, combining the two
gives another improvement,
but it is actually quite small in comparison (you can have a look at
the paper for details:
http://www.inf.unisi.ch/phd/robbes/papers/ASE2008-completion.pdf ).

Since I wanted to keep the extension light, I do not consider types
yet. However having the types
and using the two heuristics you mention sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,
	Romain

--
Romain Robbes