[squeak-dev] Re: change class to object

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat May 16 16:42:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Hernán Morales Durand <
hernan.morales at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dolphin:
> #becomeAn:
>
> VisualAge:
> #fixClassTo: , #changeToClass:
>
> VisualWorks:
> #changeClassTo:, #changeClassToThatOf:

Note that VW's #changeClassTo: is built upon Behavior>>adoptInstance: which
is a much better primitive for the VM to implement since it can assume the
receiver is a valid behaviour.  The changeClassToThatOf: primitive is also
designedto avoid checking for a valid behaviour.  If I were to attempt to
standardize I would do so based on adoptInstance:.