[squeak-dev] Re: Status of translations before Squeak 4.0

Séverin Lemaignan skadge at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:19:48 UTC 2009

Thanks a lot for your answers!

>From what I understand, it would be easy enough to set the "gettext
path" as the standard path for translations in Squeak. And it would be
indeed very welcome to rely on Pottle to store the different
translations.

We could use the already existing PO files produced for Etoys (and
concerning the French version, the PO file available on Pottle is much
more recent than the current Squeak translation) and if we can
separate these PO file, we could maybe share a common squeak-base.po
and add a specific etoys.po for the Etoys.

Which steps must be undertaken for the gettext solution to be actually set up?

Cheers,
Severin