[squeak-dev] VMMaker: Problem with C-code generation

Antoine Marot amarot at ulb.ac.be
Thu May 21 11:28:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to change the method lookup process in the VM but I have
some troubles with the code generation.

I modified #lookupMethodInClass:  in the Interpreter class and I added
some methods and some class variables as well.  For now, I do not need
to build my extension as an internal or external plugin.

The generated C-code (in interp.c) includes my modified version of
#lookupMethodInClass: (it calls my own methods) but those methods do
not appear in the source at all (as well as my class variables).

However, I traced the code generation and my methods seems to treated.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help !

Antoine