[squeak-dev] Re: How to read PDF files?

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Wed May 27 13:27:03 UTC 2009

Hi Dan,

>Is there code available in the Squeak universe for reading .PDF
>files?  In particular I wish to read a multi-page file produced by a
>text scanner -- ie probably compressed black-and-white images.
>Thanks in advance
>	- Dan

Recently, in a Smalltalk new group,

Alejandro Reimondo
aleReimondo at smalltalking dot net
http://www.aleReimondo.com

announced "a PDF Framework capable to parse PDF files and construct a fine
grained object model of text (also unicode), images, lineArt, fonts, colors
and other features of each element contained in a PDF document."

I believe this is a product for sale.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.