Squeak direction: Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Nov 5 20:47:20 UTC 2009

Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> On 11/5/09 4:27 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> > As for Keith's proposals: first time i heard about them not long ago
> > in IRC chat, and i reacted.
>
> Ha ha ha.
>
> Good joke !
> Only Board member and qualified Squeaker who don't know ?
>
> I don't agree with Keith 98% of the time, but you can't said he don't try to
> discuss about the release process and how he think Squeak should be made.

By "Keith's proposals" Igor meant the set of rules Keith suggested for
the board and teams recently on IRC, which Igor then brought to the
board for discussion and we have brought to squeak-dev. Igor was not
aware of previous attempts to define such rules even though Miguel said
this discussion was many months old. For one attempt to start this
discussion, see my post from February -

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-February/134
288.html

-- Jecel