Squeak direction: Was: Re: [squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:40:38 UTC 2009

El jue, 05-11-2009 a las 17:47 -0300, Jecel Assumpcao Jr escribió:
> Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:
> > On 11/5/09 4:27 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> > > As for Keith's proposals: first time i heard about them not long ago
> > > in IRC chat, and i reacted.
> >
> > Ha ha ha.
> >
> > Good joke !
> > Only Board member and qualified Squeaker who don't know ?
> >
> > I don't agree with Keith 98% of the time, but you can't said he don't try to
> > discuss about the release process and how he think Squeak should be made.
>
> By "Keith's proposals" Igor meant the set of rules Keith suggested for
> the board and teams recently on IRC, which Igor then brought to the
> board for discussion and we have brought to squeak-dev. Igor was not
> aware of previous attempts to define such rules even though Miguel said
> this discussion was many months old.

I don't said that. That's the reason for the change in the subject.
I said that againg I see a neverending discussion about things that,
although can be important indeed, just delay the changes, that the users
want to see.

Of course I agree that the terms are important and in extreme cases will
be the sword that will solve problems, but in 90% of the cases it won't
be (hopefully) invoked. While that is discussed, there is no real
advance on squeak any different than before, when everyone walk in its
own direction, just like the trunk commits show the personal itches
being scratched by each commiter.

> For one attempt to start this
> discussion, see my post from February -
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-February/134