[squeak-dev] Terms of Reference: discussion is open

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Nov 6 18:15:34 UTC 2009

On 06.11.2009, at 18:46, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> IMHO, such smart guys that are doing the majority of contributions
> to trunk could have figured out the way forward with Keith's
> established future methodology using Installer, Sake/Packages, Bob
> the Builder, MC 1.5/1.6 in about ten minutes.  Some were already up
> to speed on the way forward. They could then have contributed fixes
> to the tools for that methodology where required and we would be now
> in the future instead of stuck in the past, forked yet again with
> the old trunk methodology (it's not a 'new' development model) that
> got us into the difficulties in the first place.
>
> Ken G. Brown

If it all sounds so easy (which in fact it wasn't, neither for the
board members nor the community at large half a year ago) then why
don't you contribute a tool everybody can use to easily harvest Mantis
fixes into Trunk? Or add Installer support for trunk development? Or
set up a Bob server to churn out ready-built trunk images and test
results? Or make a trunk image with MC 1.5/1.6?

It may take you more then 10 minutes but *that* might get us moved
forward even faster. Trunk development does progress fine, but we're
all for improved tools and processes, so let's see them.

And now back to the discussion at hand, shall we? Otherwise please
change the subject.

- Bert -