[squeak-dev] Waiting forever on squeaksource (citezen)

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Nov 10 20:02:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 10:52 -0800, RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org wrote:
> I tried to install Citezen-All-onierstrasz.18 from
> 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Citezen' but after I hit load the hourglass
> just sits there (waited several minutes).  I've pulled other packages
> successfully from squeaksource, as recently as yesterday.
For the record, the problem is cleared up now.  I assume the cause was
the hang-up of squeaksource reported by Nicolas.

I prefer to use squeak because getting magma going under pharo has its
own set of challenges--I'm not even sure I ever got it to work.  magma
only recently added pharo support, so things are probably more likely to
go wrong there.  Finally, I'm not crazy about forks and want to help the
mainline stay healthy.

Ross