[squeak-dev] Re: Waiting forever on squeaksource (citezen)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 20:22:36 UTC 2009

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez wrote:
> I prefer to use PharoCore for deployment and not worry about trimming a
> squeak image when loading several images on production. The squeak
> stable image is to big, and you must update it and then trimming it.

Out of curiosity, what have you been trimming in the past for your
production deployments?

> PS. to the "against-recommending-pharo" souls, this is not a pharo
> advertisement, just I think that Magma is as stable and solid on Pharo
> as is on Squeak, no matter its short life.

I think it may be helpful to phrase your comments a bit more carefully.
Keep in mind that the split between Pharo and Squeak has left just as
many people wounded here as it has in the Pharo world. There is no need
to rub it in every time you post here. A bit caution is useful since you
don't know the history and the individuals involved.

Cheers,
   - Andreas