[squeak-dev] Waiting forever on squeaksource (citezen)

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Nov 12 00:26:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 09:54 -0600, Chris Muller wrote:
> > This morning the magma list had a report that a recent pharo change had
> > broken magma (slightly), with the maintainer indicating he needs some
> > help in dealing with such changes now and in the future.
>
> I think even with "(slightly)" your words are (slightly) too strong.
> :)  Perhaps actually MY words in the original post were too strong
> too.
>
> It's just a Monticello informative "warning" Ross, indicating three
> extension methods for serializing/materializing the global EventSensor
> will not be loaded.
>
> 99% of applications would not ever want to try to serialize that, so
> it won't be a real problem for them.
>
> Regards,
>   Chris

I thought the issue was not that someone would want to serialize a
sensor, but that with the rename it might get persisted as part of an
object graph, with weird results if it ever came back from the database
into, e.g., a different image (or maybe even the same image).

Equivalently, I thought the methods on EventSensor kept it from being
persisted, and that the new InputEventSensor (?) in pharo will lack such
protection.

My understanding may well be incorrect.

Ross