[squeak-dev] Re: Ideas about sets and dictionaries

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 12 09:20:17 UTC 2009

> All tests in CollectionTests are green except one unrelated
> (ArrayTest>>testPrinting)

But that is boring and obvious.

What I want to know is that you don't break any tests on any published
Squeak -based system.  I don't just mean all the tests in the standard
Squeak images, I mean all the applications, too.

I imagine that a change of this magnitude WILL break things.  Then we
can discuss how badly it breaks things and how hard it is to fix.  If
it only breaks a few applications, and they are easy to fix, then it
is no big deal.  But the main problem with your proposal is that
changing fundamental behavior of base classes is likely to break
applications, and you won't address that questions with tests of
collection classes.

-Ralph