[squeak-dev] My own Squeak direction

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:47:13 UTC 2009

El sáb, 14-11-2009 a las 20:24 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz escribió:

> Miguel> I would like a timeline for squeak and a list of goals (the list you
> Miguel> and Igor have written is a good start) and of course a release date.
>
> You can't have timelines and release dates without committed resources.
>
> Are you committing yourself?  If so, cool.  That's one. :)

Maybe this is a chicken and egg problem then.

Without clear or at least focused goals and proposed timelines (they
don't have to be set in stone) the people can't know in *what* they can
help. And without people seeing a direction and goals, they can't
propose themselves for some specific task solving.

So, yes, I will help, but I can't be sure in what. Also, as I have
already said, isn't only code that Squeak needs, also needs *promotion*,
tutorials, blog posts, users reporting fixes (even if they (we) can't
solve them) and a lot of thing more than code.

But, count me in. I will help in whatever is in my possibilities and
capabilities.

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx