[squeak-dev] Re: My own Squeak direction

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:54:06 UTC 2009

Personal media, multimedia capabilities, eToys and all the goals
mentioned by Andreas are my own also, and I think that they don't
exclude the Juan goals. Between these I agree particularly with

* Developers working for devices with little memory or CPU power.

thinking in embedded development.

But, and is a big but on my pov, I wants also all the possibilities to
make web development. I don't like the idea of think that to web dev I
should switch to Pharo. Is hard to maintain myself updated with one
product, I can't imagine how to stay up-to-date with two.

As Miguel mentioned in another thread, the mostly paying people on our
days is paying for web projects and I wants to develop them using
Squeak.

I wish a Squeak capable of run:

- Seaside
- Aida
- Iliad
- SWT (I'm porting right now to the trunk image)

in addition to all the other goals named before.

Count me in to help also, in my really very very limited free time.

Cheers.