[squeak-dev] Re: Seaside support in Squeak (Re: My Own Squeak Direction)

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 08:04:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Colin> Yup, shouldn't affect existing code. I'll take a stab at it.
>
> And this is what I like about the fact that we've rebooted the
> contribution process.  Yeay.
>
> In fact, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just step up to ensure that
> Squeak and Seaside keep playing together.  I'm sure it's just a
> matter of getting commit access to the Squeak adaptor package on
> the Seaside repo.

It's just a matter of continually testing, fixing things that don't
work using Squeak-specific packages, and letting the rest of the
Seaside team know if there are things that need to be moved into
platform-specific packages in order to make porting possible. Probably
tracking changes to the Pharo-specific packages and adapting as
necessary would cover most of it.

We're happy to support someone maintaining a Squeak port of Seaside
just like any other platform - we just came to the realization that
the development platform had effectively become Pharo and so could not
actually say with a straight face that we knew it worked with Squeak.

Julian