[squeak-dev] 64 bit images

Ramiro Diaz Trepat ramiro at diaztrepat.name
Tue Nov 17 08:51:11 UTC 2009

My brother is a mathematician that researches on issues related to the flow
of gases in the atmosphere.
He runs tests on enormous amounts of data he has on cubic "pixels" of the
atmosphere.
If he puts all this data on a database the tests become real slow, hence at
one point I thought it would be great to implement all his tests in a large
in-memory image.
If I had a 64 bit squeak I'd do it  :)

Cheers