[squeak-dev] Re: Speech Klatt package on SqueakSource

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Nov 17 12:48:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 02:23:13PM +0200, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Not just laziness, but also convenience.
> The people who trying it first time, obviously having lack of knowledge,
> where all those plugins resided, in what repositories, and most
> important - do he needs them to build a test VM.
>
> So, i think there are missing some kind of registry in VMMaker, which
> could tell a user , what plugins existing and
> where he can download them, what plugins is critical for running an
> image, and what is optional and can be ignored.
>
> It would be cool to have a 1-click VM builder. So, anyone could
> download, install & build VM, without requiring user attention.

Look at the "update" category in VMMaker on SqueakSource, and
VMMaker class>>updateFromServer.

A one-click install or update would be:
  MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #('http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker' )

I'm not sure if I have the MC configuration right yet (don't have time
to check right now) but it's close.

Dave