[squeak-dev] Re: Seaside support in Squeak (Re: My Own Squeak Direction)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Nov 18 03:51:59 UTC 2009

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> As a datapoint, the alpha5 release works just fine in Squeak-trunk.
>
> I'd like to reduce the "scare factor" that people are generating
> about "Oh my gawd... Seaside will *only* run on Pharo!".  I will
> personally commit to fixing *any* test failure for Squeak-trunk
> on every released Squeak-trunk image.
>
> I may ask for help.  But I want to make sure it's clear that
> Squeak-trunk and Seaside 3.0 *are* compatible... we say so.

Absolutely. I also tried to make this very, very clear during the
podcast. We're committed to supporting Seaside. We'll need help in the
form of people pointing out when things get broken, we may need help
from people writing tests to document what got broken and how to fix
this but you *will* find help here if you report a problem with Seaside
in Squeak.

Cheers,
   - Andreas