[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: System-mha.167.mcz

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:02:05 UTC 2009

Righto.

Here's an idea. It's not about a structure proposal for the entire
world menu, as I rarely use many of the entries ...

But regarding the structure, what about having something like this.

Browser
Workspace
Transcript
Test Runner
more tools ...
-----
-----
Save
Save as ...
Save as new version
Save and quit
Quit

I know, this doesn't look much different from what we have now, but
there's something behind the scenes. The "more tools ..." entry would
open a sub-menu with all the tools to pick from. The four entries
above that (i.e., the four first entries in the world menu) are
adaptive. The most frequently selected tools make it there, replacing
the less frequently used ones. So, if I rarely open a Transcript but
often the Monticello browser, the latter will eventually replace the
former.

What about that?

Regarding content-wise restructuring of the world menu, I can't say
much as I usually use the top four entries, and some of the ones at
the bottom. The rest is very rarely used, so I don't have much
interest and don't want to impose my opinion on anyone.

Best,

Michael