[squeak-dev] Squeak screencasts

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Wed Nov 18 21:31:28 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 23:45 +0530, K. K. Subramaniam wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 November 2009 09:11:00 pm Igor Stasenko wrote:
> > > A request to those doing commits to the trunk.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to do a screen grab of the whole process and publish it in
> > > http://www.squeak.org/Documentation/?
> > >
> > > I find short video clips (like those done by Stephane Ducasse) much more
> > > effective than paper descriptions.
> >
> > Can you elaborate, what you mean by process?
> Creating a changeset, editing a fix, verifying the delta and then committing it
> to the trunk. The clip may be short and simple but watching it in
> Documentation/ (a la Stephane Ducasse tutorials) is lot easier for budding
> Squeakers in colleges than digging around in mailing lists.
>
> Just an opportunity to update our Documentation/ web page.
>
> Subbu

I did something similar previously although more related to bug
reporting:

http://bugs.squeak.org/file_download.php?file_id=6&type=doc

However like Igor I'm not 100% sure what it is useful to include.  Is it
possible for you to come by #squeak on IRC and chat with me about this?
Or maybe Skype (username kencausey)?

Ken