[squeak-dev] Re: Seaside support in Squeak (Re: My Own Squeak Direction)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu Nov 19 22:04:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 15:58 -0500, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> I know there is a Vimeo collection of videos. So? I know you prompted
> that. I think YouTube is a better place to get exposure.
>

> I'm pushing for a YouTube channel with videos explaining ten core
> things. Maybe you noticed that I want a link from that page saying
> "Sponsored by..." etc?

OK, let me argue a little for Vimeo and when you have time if you still
prefer Youtube I would like to hear reasons other than 'exposure',
although that is a good one.

1. On Vimeo we have an existing community, 37 strong, that is diverse
including non-Squeakers from Gemstone and Cincom.

2. We have at least a few (24 actually) existing videos in the group.

3. Vimeo offers a widget easily embeddable into any page which offers
videos from within a group's collection, this could be used on
squeak.org for example.

4. The video quality on Vimeo is good, perhaps not better than Youtube
now that Youtube has improved, I'm not sure.

I've certainly looked at Youtube videos quite a bit but I'm not all that
familiar with the features they offer that would be useful to us.  So
feel free to enlighten me.

Ken