[squeak-dev] SlangBrowser

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Nov 20 04:52:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 07:54:14PM -0800, Ang BeePeng wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I following instruction on http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5916. I downloaded
> files and file in them. I do not see any class named SlangBrowser. I'm not
> sure how to use it.

There is no class named SlangBrowser, this is just the name I chose for these
updates. To use it, try evaluating these expressions:

  Transcript clear; show: (Interpreter asCString: #primitiveBitShift).
  Transcript clear; show: (Interpreter asInlinedCString: #primitiveBitShift).
  Transcript clear; show: Interpreter asCString.
  Transcript clear; show: (FilePlugin asCString: #primitiveFileRead).
  Transcript clear; show: FilePlugin asCString.

> SlangBrowser work with 3.10 Squeakvm and image?

For Squeak 3.8 and Squeak 3.9, you can have the SlangBrowser translation
integrated directly into browsers. I have not yet done the updates to make
this work in 3.10. So no, it does not work in Squeak 3.10 or Squeak trunk
except for the #asCString and #asInlinedCString methods.

Dave