[squeak-dev] [ANN] Filesystem 1.0

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Nov 21 04:37:41 UTC 2009

On 20-Nov-09, at 8:23 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Colin,
>
>     you say nothing in the tutorial about Windows drive letters.  I
> imagine 26 upper or lower case selectors could provide e.g.
>
> FSPath C / 'plonk' / 'feep'       => C:\plonk\feep

You're right, I should have a section on how things work on Windows.

The above example isn't quite right, because Windows drives are
actually separate filesystems, in contrast to Unix's single-rooted
filesystem. So the twenty six selectors should be on FSReference. It's
a great idea though, thanks!

Colin