[squeak-dev] Re: Trunk updates all the way from 3.10.2

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Sun Nov 22 14:35:10 UTC 2009

Le 22 nov. 2009 à 00:49, Andreas Raab a écrit :

> Stephane Schitter wrote:
>> I am trying to convert a standard 3.10.2 image all the way through to the latest trunk version. The process works but the resulting image does hang when  trying to load Monticello-ar.323(321) - I saw 2 lists message referring to that bug and the answer was to rather use the latest trunk version from http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/
>
> I don't recall the issue in question. Can you remind what it was?

The problem I am experiencing is that the update process gets stuck when processing update-ar.19 (specifically on Monticello-ar.323(321)).
I am doing this on OSX with the Squeak 4.2.2beta1U VM, and starting from the 3.10.2-7179-basic image. I am going through the following steps: loading the latest monticelloconfigurations from source.squeak.org/trunk, applying the iVar change you referred to, starting the update process, on the way there is a conflict on PreferenceExample which I resolve by "Rest Remote" and "Merge".

The 2 only messages I found, referring to that same problem are:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general/138388
http://n4.nabble.com/Problems-updating-images-td360655.html   (3rd problem raised in that post)

>> How do you shrink the images to get such results ?
>
> Clear the Monticello caches, i.e., open the Monticello browser and choose "flush cached versions". This should help.

Thanks, it does indeed help to recover some space.

Regards,
Stephane