[squeak-dev] Test failures in trunk

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Nov 22 16:34:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> Mac OS 10.6.2, Squeak 4.2.2beta1U.app, Squeak3.10.2-Trunk-091114 with all updates applied to today.
>
> 2554 run 2503 passes, 0 expected failures, 41 failures, 10 errors, 0 unexpected passes

In details:
- 5 failures come from BilBltTest. The fixes are in VMMaker. With a
   new vm, these tests should pass.
- 1 failure comes from TextMorphTest >> #testInitializ. TextMorph is trying
   to register itself into the 'Scripting' flap, but that flap doesn't exist.
   Removing these registrations from TextMorph class >> #registerInFlapsRegistry
   makes the tests pass, but i'm unsure if this is the right solution or not.
- LocaleTest >> #testIsFontAvailable's failure is related to the new
   default font Bitmap DejaVu Sans. If you change the default font to
   Accuny, the test passes.
- For TraitTest >> #testTraitMethodClass and TraitTest >>
   #testTraitMethodClass someone should adopt the fixes from pharo.
- 6 errors come from MirrorPrimitiveTests. They raise errors because the
   vm doesn't have mirror primitives, nor mock methods for them. We should
   remove these tests unless the vm will have mirror primitives.
- ClosureCompilerTest >> #testInjectIntoDecompilations and probably
   ClosureCompilerTest >> #testInjectIntoDecompiledDebugs fail because
   Scanner >> #scanTokens: returns #'_' for assignments instead of #':='.
- DecompilerTestFailuresCollector >> #testDecompilerInClasesTNtoTZ raises
   an error, because the decompiler incorrecly decompiles a #whileTrue:
   loop into a to:do: loop which changes the scope of the loop variable.
   The method where the code is decompiled incorrecly is
   TTContourConstruction >> #segmentsDo:.
- DecompilerTestFailuresCollector >> #testDecompilerInClassesENtoEZ raises
   an error, because the decompiler incorrecly doesn't generate code for a
   locally declared variable in a #whileTrue block. The method that can't
   be decompiled properly is EventSensor >> #eventTickler.
- The cause of the failures in DecompilerTests is that the generated
   local variable names do not match. For example: t3 is exchanged with t4.

Other failures I didn't look into are:
- DebuggerUnwindBug >> #testUnwindDebuggerWithStep
- MorphicToolBuilderTests >> #testGetbuttonSideEffectFree
- TraitFileOutTest >> #testFileOutCategory
- ClosureCompilerTests >> #testDebuggerTempAccess

2 errors may be mac specific, because I only got 8.

Cheers,
Levente