[squeak-dev] Squeak screencasts

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:10:06 UTC 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 11:14:34 pm Eliot Miranda wrote:
> > Many steps in Squeak are simple to the point of being incredible. But the
> > path
> > to simplicity is complex. Documentation/ site could help by indexing
> > beginner
> > (Developer) videos/screencasts at the top level.
> >
> > Subbu
>
> I can not disagree more.  Which do you prefer, this?
>
> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2119529,00.asp
>
> or this?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9r1UAVq9AU
Eliot,

I never suggested replacing linear docs with visual docs. They are not
exclusive. My suggestion was to start including short screencasts in
Documentation/ page (even if it is a link to the vimeo page). Screencasts take
much less effort to produce and distribute these days than linear docs so the
trend is only likely to accelerate in the coming years.

Subbu