[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Filesystem 1.0

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Nov 23 10:11:09 UTC 2009

Hi!

Colin Putney wrote:
> On 21-Nov-09, at 10:10 AM, Jason Rogers wrote:
>
>> Colin -- I'm curious what you think of Rio
>> (http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/5929).
>
> I took a look at Rio a while back, and I remember being turned off by
> the whole DSL-mania thing from Ruby.

Amen. :)

I have NOT looked closely at Rio, and I know Keith can do good stuff,
but I have seen Rio snippets and I am sorry but I also do NOT like this
coding style.

Also, thank you, thank you Colin for taking on this BRUTE of a task! :)
Let's all support Colin in pushing this all the way through. And of
course, it would be really nice if the Pharo community could step up
behind this initiative too. Being compatible at this level would be nice.

regards, Göran