[squeak-dev] Embracing Projects

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Nov 26 16:38:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:25:39PM -0800, Andreas Raab wrote:

> The progress that we've made with refactoring of class Project makes it
> feasible to illustrate the power of projects. If you install the
> attached change set in an updated trunk image, you will find a new type
> of project available - a  GamesProject. When you choose this type of
> project you will notice that it downloads and installs the MorphicGames
> package that Edgar just announced (thanks Edgar!)

Wow, I had completely forgotten just how bad I am at playing chess.
Thanks for reminding me Edgar!

This works nicely, and an EToysProject seems like another good thing
to have. The EToys folks are also keen to get DrGeo integrated into
that environment, and perhaps DrGeo warrants a project type in its own
right.

Dave