[squeak-dev] Performance of VM for concurrent users

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 23:54:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <
glpunzi at lordzealon.com> wrote:

>  Hi all again,
>
> I want to start a project, and I have a "little" doubt.
>
> The project, is a web game. This web game, will be a game like Ogame.
>
> This game, will do a lot of requests to the server through Ajax and or
> Comet, and I would like to know, about how many concurrents connections can
> a squeak image hold.

I really don't know. But what you usually do is to put apache or whatever
before squeak and have several images opened (ten for example). If you don't
need to save the image, they can all open the same image/changes. So, apache
does a balance between the images and you can handle a lot of requests per
seconds.