[squeak-dev] Problem installing Alien

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 10:39:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

the issue is solved. Using AlienInstaller-mha.5 from
source.squeak.org/treated in an up-to-date trunk image, Alien can be
loaded.

For me (on a Mac), most of the tests pass; three don't - the ones that
try to load and use libc. The reason is that a primitive fails:
AlienLibrary >> primLoadLibrary. I'm trying to figure out what is
wrong.

Could someone please try Alien on another platform and see whether (a)
Alien installation works, and (b) the problem is observable there?

Best,

Michael