[squeak-dev] duplicated rectangles in DamageRecorder

Hans-Martin Mosner hmm at heeg.de
Sat Oct 3 18:58:45 UTC 2009

Igor Stasenko schrieb:

> I think that catching excessive #changed sends is like hunting for a ghosts :)
> There should be a point, which could check that invalidated rectangle
> is already in damage recorder.

Exactly. I have a patch (at work) which optimizes damage recording quite
a bit (specifically, it avoids excessive growing of the damage region
when two rectangles are merged). As a side effect, it makes sure that
the final list of damage rectangles is non-overlapping.
I will post it on Monday when I've picked it up from that image at work.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin