[squeak-dev] FileList updates

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Oct 5 06:14:16 UTC 2009

Folks -

As you probably noticed from the commit messages, I did a number on
FileList today, mostly to convert it to ToolBuilder and reduce the
MVC/Morphic dependencies. However, while doing that I decided I'll also
do a few UI tweaks.

The new FileList now has a directory tree that covers the full height of
the window which I find greatly advantageous for navigating the file
system (it shows much more context than before). Secondly, you can also
"navigate" via the updated directory/pattern input field; i.e., if you
want to go to (say) "/home/foo/Desktop/" you can just type this in the
input field instead of clickidy-clickidy-clicky trying to find your way
through the directory tree ;-) Very useful if you know where you're
going to go.

To compare the old and the new, update your image and launch them via:

[new] FileList open
[old] FileList2 morphicView openInWorld

Cheers,
   - Andreas