[squeak-dev] http://source.squeak.org/inbox emptied

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Oct 6 04:25:54 UTC 2009

Folks -

As mentioned out earlier, I have emptied the inbox and moved the
remaining packages into the treated repository. Specifically this affected:

* Collections: The unresolved discussion about #flatten vs. #flattened
(see [1], [2])
* CollectionsTests: Tests for both versions
* AlienInstaller: The installer package for Alien

The latter raises an interesting question: Is there a need for some
"extras" repository where community-relevant packages can be stored that
aren't really part of the trunk? AlienInstaller would be one of those
and there may be others. Such packages definitely don't belong into the
inbox (the purpose of the inbox is to identify contributions quickly,
deal with them, and move them into treated) but they are also not part
of the trunk (the installer really being a meta package). I could see
that an "extras" repository might prove useful here. Thoughts?

The good news is that the inbox is empty now and looking for more
contributions. Keep 'em coming!

[1]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-September/139616.html
[2]http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-September/139962.html

Cheers,