[squeak-dev] Re: Issue with traits

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 21 07:51:30 UTC 2009

Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> Just tried in Pharo, there is a copy.
>
> (ABBAB methodDict at: #foo) == (ABBAC methodDict at: #foo). -> false
>
> (ABBAB methodDict at: #foo) methodClass. -> ABBAB
>
> At least Traits are maintained there, and pharo changes should be picked.

If you feel comfortable doing this, please do. The reason I'm calling it
an abandoned experiment is that unless I'm mistaken, there is nobody
left in the Squeak community who could fix any issues arising here. That
means that although we might be able to mechanically pick some fixes
from Pharo, there is no ownership of the code itself which means that if
there is ever a real issue we'll be left without help. Which is a risk
that I'm generally not comfortable in taking and less so if the kernel
of the system is involved. We need to own that code if we want to
develop it further.

Cheers,
   - Andreas