Fwd: [Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: Issue with traits

Cédrick Béler cdrick65 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:20:07 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marcus Denker <denker at acm.org>
Date: 2009/10/21
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] [squeak-dev] Re: Issue with traits
To: Pharo-project at lists.gforge.inria.fr
Cc: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <
squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>

On 21.10.2009, at 09:41, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> I've fixed this issue in Pharo a couple of months ago. CompiledMethods
> are not shared anymore, so methodClass returns the expected class. At
> the time I implemented traits (2004?), there were no method properties
> and hence sharing compiled methods worked -- of course except for
> super sends in which case the method was always recompiled (so the
> answer to Andreas' question below is b)).

We did a small paper for this years ESUG that describes the changes.
It will be online at esug.org soon with all the other papers.

If somebody wants a copy, I can send it.

       Marcus

Marcus Denker  --  marcus at 2denker.de
http://www.2denker.de

2denker UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Sitz Köln
Amtsgericht - Registergericht - Köln, HRB 65065
Geschäftsführer: Christian Denker und Dr. Marcus Denker

Cédrick