[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Traits-nice.239.mcz

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:37:08 UTC 2009

2009/10/21 Colin Putney <cputney at wiresong.ca>:

> On 21-Oct-09, at 11:24 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>

>> On 21.10.2009, at 20:11, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Eliot,
>>> This is experimental, not guaranteed bugfree.
>>> Indeed, you cannot #add: to nor #remove: from an Array... and elements
>>> won't be unique.
>>> My trunk image did not freeze because I analyzed senders of #selectors in
>>> it.
>>> But sure, this might break foreign code...
>>> So yes, it deserves discussion.
>>>
>>> What do others think ?
>>
>> I agree with Eliot. Keep the changes minimal - so just replace "keys" with
>> "keys asSet" where necessary.
>>
>> - Bert
>
> Me too. #selectors should return a Set.
>
> Colin

Though I found no such usage in MC1.0 :)
But I didn't inquire MC2.0, DeltaStreams, Etoys nor any other
reflexion crunching packages...

BTW, it would be great to have universal code analysis tools spreading
over a public code database, not just my image. It dream of such
database served through web pages...

Nicolas