[squeak-dev] Re: [Pharo-project] MC 1.6 status?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:10:23 UTC 2009

Another important aspect, which i missed.
That LPF is a script.
Its intentionally made so, that you could try adopt it and load MC
into very obscure environment.

Let me remind you, that our 'holy grail' of modularity is to have a
minimal kernel with
basic classes and compiler, while rest is optional.
In this terms, LPF project is a highly valuable piece, which fits just
well with such concept:
you can build an image from first principles
starting from kernel and then up to the image which could load MC
packages and up to an image which having the rest in the squeak world.

So, i really hope, that efforts which took by Keith and Matthew and
other contributors will not be put in vane.
And therefore making a call to a anyone who could volunteer to support
and maintain this project for the benefit of both Pharo and Squeak
communities, and many other forks.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.