[squeak-dev] Jabber client redux

Gary Dunn osp at aloha.com
Fri Oct 23 06:33:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 15:35 -0700, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Gary Dunn <osp at aloha.com> wrote:

> > How do I load from SqueakSource?
>
> Either just download the .mcz from here and open with Squeak:
> http://squeaksource.com/Jabber/
>
> Or add a new repository to Monticello with this definition:
>
> MCHttpRepository
>     location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Jabber'
>     user: ''
>     password: ''
>
> If you need an intro to Monticello:
> http://www.wiresong.ca/Monticello/UserManual/GettingStarted/
>
> Julian

Thanks! This was my first time using Monticello -- you have to start
somewhere. I did a "save as" to a different image file in case I botch
things up. Now I have a lot of reading and poking to do.

For those of you who use Gnome, here is my shell script for selecting
which image to load. They do have to be in the home folder. I tried
using find but it takes a lot longer. zenity creates Gnome dialog boxes.
In this case the selected item is printed to stdout and gets assigned to
IMAGE.

Thanks again for your patience and help.

#! /bin/sh
# start Squeak with user selected image
IMAGE=`ls -1 *.image |  zenity  --list  --title  "Select Image" --text
"Squeak image files" --column "Files"`
case $? in
	0) squeak $IMAGE
	;;