[squeak-dev] Re: Accelerating MultiByteFileStream

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:46:02 UTC 2009

2009/10/23 Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>:
> Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>
>> What about integrating changes from
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=860 ?
>>
>> It will only accelerate nextPutAll: in case of latin1, but that
>> already covers lot of code.
>> And it generalizes Andreas trick squeakToUtf8 to any other encoding...
>> And it handles lineEndConvention with the same trick...
>
> Looks like a great improvement! Do you any help with integrating it?
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Hi Andreas,
There should not be much conflict with trunk.
The files load and the image still works :) (File tests pass at least).
But I don't know if I'll have much time this week end.
And there is a tricky Postscript, I don't know how to handle via MC:

SourceFiles do: [:e | (e isKindOf: MultiByteFileStream) ifTrue: [
		e installLineEndConventionInConverter]]!

Maybe the trick should better be applied to each and every file found
in some registry...
So yes, I think I need a bit help, at least for initialization.

Nicolas