[squeak-dev] Re: towards Alien in trunk

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 21:33:46 UTC 2009

Hi again,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Michael Haupt<mhaupt at gmail.com> wrote:
> After that, I was able to install, without errors, the required Alien
> packages in their most recent versions in an up-to-date *trunk* image. ...

oh well. I was just informed that there was a package called
"AlienLoader" that would take care of loading the required things and
initialising them properly. Having tried this, it seems there is a
strong dependency on "ScriptLoader". Is that available in Squeak, or
is it a Pharo-only thing?

> I could not find any Alien libraries in the VM
> resources, so probably that's the reason. John, what needs to be done
> to get the library in there?

Heh. :-) I was looking for something that clearly said "I'm the Alien
library" - and IA32ABI.bundle didn't yell it at me. Which would have
been necessary, apparently. OK, so the VM is complete.

Best,

Michael