[squeak-dev] Trunk commits

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Sep 2 12:30:20 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Bert" == Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> writes:

Bert> Why would people on squeak-dev not be interested in Squeak development?

Bert> Invisibility of the actual development process was a big problem. I'd
Bert> rather have too much visibility than the impression that there is no
Bert> work being done.

I've had people on IRC comment "I didn't realize there was so much activity on
the core" regarding the emails.  And the squeaksourcebot showing off the
50-150 commits a day to squeaksource in general is also good to show that
there are as many packages being uploaded to Squeaksource every day as there
are Perl CPAN modules, which we've often held as a sign that Perl activity is
alive and well.

I agree that while we'll probably want to dial it back eventually, it's good
for now that we start raising visibility in the short term.