[squeak-dev] Alien in trunk, for real

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:11:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

did it. :-)

Here's the recipe that works for me to get Alien up and running (Mac,
4.2.1 VM, recent trunk image):

1. install my Compiler patch from Inbox
2. install Alien-Core-First (most recent from SqueakSource - this
holds for all Alien packages below)
3. install Alien-Core
4. install Alien-Examples
5. install Alien-LibC
6. install Alien-CoreTest
7. install Alien-Last-Class-Initialize
8. do
Smalltalk allClasses
	select: [ :class |	class category beginsWith: 'Alien-' ]
	thenDo: [ :class |
		class methodDictionary do: [ :method |
			class recompile: method selector ].
		class class methodDictionary do: [ :method |
			class class recompile: method selector ] ]

Next, fire up TestRunner, select the Alien tests, run them, watch the
bar go green. :-)

I'd like someone to help me in packaging this as a complete update
that can be installed from the trunk repositories, including the last
recompilation step.

Best,

Michael