[squeak-dev] Alien in trunk, for real

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:42:37 UTC 2009

Hi Igor,

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Igor Stasenko<siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm.. Is it possible that a patch to the compiler were in a kind of
> 'hibernated' state before you loaded the Alinen.
> Or is it possible that you are patched the compiler when you had alien
> already loaded - that's why you could end up with primitive index being = 0.
> I'm just trying to guess what is happened.

good point ... let me try ... no. The recompilation step is required.

BTW Bert's code gives me a debugger. This seems to be because there is
a problem in the category Alien-Core - one of the classes is displayed
as "NotFoundError", and this is a very unhealthy thing (clicking on it
yields a debugger).

So something screwed up the Alien-Core category. More to look at.

Best,

Michael