[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] OmniBrowser 2.0.3

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Sep 3 16:42:45 UTC 2009

On 2-Sep-09, at 10:58 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Just a small note: It would be helpful if you could provide the SAR
> as a separate download instead of only packaged up inside the zip. I
> was trying to create a scripted install of OB and it turned out to
> be a pain because it's zipped in addition to sar-ed ;-)

Aha, that makes sense. So you'd like to see a plain SAR as well as the
ZIP? I had hoped to have a single distribution, but perhaps that's not
feasible. The text files that are included now aren't a big deal, but
I plan to add a directory of HTML documentation as well. Here's some

1. Have separate downloads for users and integrators. The user-
oriented artefact would be a ZIP file similar to the one in 2.0.3,
while the integrator-oriented artefact would be a SAR with just the
code.

2. Have a single SAR that includes the documentation as well as the
code. Installing would write the documentation out to disk.

3. Have the documentation reside on the web, and just include a URL in
the SAR.

4. Have some sort of in-image documentation rather than HTML.

Thoughts?

Colin